RECIPE FOR FILLET OF SAN REMO RED SHRIMP
Plucked from the pages of Michelin-starred chef Paolo Sari’s personal cookbook, this recipe for fillet of raw San Remo red shrimp with fennel and caviar promises decadence without destroying good intentions.
20 San Remo red shrimp
12 drops of bergamot olive oil
1-drop extra virgin olive oil
The zest of 1 lime
Salt and pepper
8 mini fennels
12 borage flowers
4 skinless grapefruit segments
20 grams caviar
1. Shell the shrimps, removing first the heads, and then very delicately the shell so as not to break them. Cut each shrimp in two lengthwise, placing between two sheets of cellophane wrap.
2. Place the shrimp over the plates, using your fingers to entirely cover the bottom of the plate. Season with salt, pepper, bergamot oil, olive oil and lime zest.
3. Set aside the young fennel green tops. Wash fennel and thinly slice lengthwise. Place the slices in chilled water to keep them crunchy.
4. Cut each grapefruit segment into three and place on top of the shrimp.
5. Add the fennel slices and borage flowers. Top with the caviar and fennel tops.